What are piles?
Piles are also called hemorrhoids. They are swollen tissues and inflamed blood vessels in the anal area. They vary in size and are present either inside or outside of the anus.
Medical studies show that worldwide more than 50 – 85% of the total population are suffering from hemorrhoids. In India, more than 75% of people are reported to have hemorrhoids.
If you leave piles untreated, you can suffer from some serious health concerns that can impact your overall health. So, if you doubt having piles, connect without doctors who are located over multiple cities like Chandigarh, and get treated at an affordable cost.
What are Anorectal Fissures :
An anal fissure is a small tear or a crack in the lining of the anus. Anal fissure may occur when passing hard or large stools causing pain and bleeding during bowel movements.Anal fissures can occur in anyone at any age. The chance of having an anal fissure decreases as people get older. People who have had fissures in the past are more likely to have them in the future.
What causes an anal fissure?
Anal fissures can be caused by trauma to the anus and anal canal. The trauma can be caused by one or more of the following:
- Chronic (long-term) constipation
- Straining to have a bowel movement, especially if the stool is large, hard and/or dry
- Prolonged diarrhea
- Anal sex, anal stretching
- Insertion of foreign objects into the anus
What are the signs and symptoms of an anal fissure?
Signs and symptoms of an anal fissure include:
- Pain during, and even hours after, a bowel movement
- Blood on the outside surface of the stool
- Blood on toilet tissue or wipes
- A visible crack or tear in the anus or anal canal
- Burning and itching that may be painful
- Discomfort when urinating, frequent urination, or inability to urinate
- Foul-smelling discharge