The Department of Head and Neck Surgery at Patel Hospital was established in 2006. It is currently staffed by thirty full-time personnel including four consultants, two fellows, two SRs, observers, research assistant, practice manager, nurse coordinators, HN nurse managers and HN operative technicians.
The Department evaluates over 1100 new and over 6000 follow-up patients annually. Our surgeons perform over 2000 procedures annually encompassing the entire spectrum of head and neck surgery, including over 300 cancer resections/reconstructions. The HN Cancer Multidisciplinary Team comprises over 20 consultants across multiple allied specialties including Radiation Oncology, Medical Oncology, Plastic Surgery, Pathology, Radiology, Nuclear Medicine, SLP; and has conducted a HN surgical fellowship program since 2014, incorporating rotations in the abovementioned departments.
FACILITIES AND SERVICES :
- Surgery for oral, laryngeal, pharyngeal & neck cancers
- Robotic Transoral, Neck & Thyroid Surgery (Region first)
- Microvascular & Reconstructive Surgery (Region first)
- Co2 laser surgery/laryngology (Region first)
- Endoscopic skull base surgery
- Maxillofacial trauma surgery
- Speech, swallowing and facial rehabilitation
- Ambulatory endoscopy procedures
- Functional endoscopic sinus surgery
- Micro-otologic surgeries
- Over 14000 surgical procedures in 8 Years.
- First Head & Neck Robotic Program In Punjab.
- First laryngectomee club in North- West India (est. April 2013)
- First center in the region to perform free flaps routinely for head & neck reconstruction.
- First Indian hospital to utilize Provox Vega (state of the art voice prosthesis) as standard.
- Regular faculty participation at surgical workshops, national & international conferences, including over 35 abstracts & 105 presentations since July 2010.
- 5 large-format Head & Neck Forum organized since 2011, with cumulative attendance of over 1800 doctors.
- 14 Free cancer screening /OPD camps.
Salient Features :
- State-of-the-art da Vinci Robotic Surgical System
- Most advanced laser (Lumenis Ultrapulse)- microscope (Zeiss Opmi Vario) combination in India.
- Dedicated Modular Operation Theaters & ORAS with specialty specific training.
- Head/Neck Surgery Ward with trained nursing personnel.
- Ambulatory endoscopy suite for diagnostic, surveillance & sleep endoscopies.
- First structured cochlear implant program in the region.
- Modular OPD complex incorporting fiberoptic scope exams/videofluoroscopy, microscopy, audiology/ speech therapy and videostroboscopy.
- Infrastructure Inputs from over 15 multinational companies including Storz, Olympus, Covidien, Erbe, Synthes, Stryker,
- Zeiss, Mindray, GE/Datex Ohmeda, Philips, Drager, Lumenis, Siemens & intuitive Surgical among others.
- Supported by 19 affiliated departments staffed with full time faculty.
- Multidisciplinary tumor board & adherence to guidelines in treatment planning.
FAQ's for Head & Neck