The department of Radiation Oncology at Patel Hospital was established in 2005 and is presently staffed by three full-time Consultants, two Physicists, a Radiation safety officer, five technicians, nursing personnel & reception staff.
We have diagnosed and treated Over 14,000 patients of various cancers including breast cancer gynecological malignancies, urological malignancies, head and neck tumors lymphomas that require radical treatment, and also a large number of patients with metastatic disease (bones/brain) in the palliative settings.
After installing the first Linear Accelerator in the region, a Siemens Primus 15 years ago, we acquired another highly advanced radiotherapy machine in June 2015 True Beam with FFF technology which is able to provide patients with the standard of care treatment including (IMRT (Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy), IGRT (Image Guided Radiation Therapy), Rapid Arc (significantly reduces treatment time) & SRT (Stereotactic Radiotherapy), etc.
FACILITIES & SERVICES:
- Comprehensive OPD & IPD Services
- Multi-disciplinary Clinics & Tumour Boards
- Multi-modality & Evidence-based Cancer Treatment
- Pain & Palliative Care Services
- Dynamic & Segmental IGRT/IMRT
- Volumetric Modulated Arc Therapy (VMAT)
- Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy (SBRT)
- Frameless Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS)
- 3D Brachytherapy
- PET & MRI Fusion-based RT Planning
- 3T Ingenia RT System for MRI Based Radiotherapy Simulation
- 6 Dimensional Patient Correction in Real Time
- Adaptive Radiotherapy for Large& Critically Located Tumours
- Dedicated Modular Brachytherapy OT
- High-quality, experienced, compassionate multidisciplinary care.
- Personalized treatment plans that consider our patient’s health, age, cancer type and ability to tolerate potential side effects.
- Leading-edge technology that delivers radiation with maximum precision, reducing treatment time.
- Using all advanced technologies of treatments IMRT, IGRT, SRT
- Treated more than 14,000 patients
- Hosted NZ AROI in 2006
- Hosted annual Head & Neck forums since 2012
- Organized Gynae Onco forum in 2017
- ACLS, BCLS, Trained Departmental Staff
- Adherence to standard & updated guidelines with weekly tumor board.