The department of Cardiology at Patel Hospital was established in 2013. For the last ten years, the Department of Cardiology is providing 24X7 emergency cares to cardiac patients.
We have experienced cardiologists dealing with various Cardiac Diseases and Emergencies, including Myocardial Infarction, Acute Pulmonary thromboembolism, Cardiac arrhythmias, including various heart blocks, heart failure, and cardiac tamponade.
State-of-the-art cardiac cath lab (SIEMENS):
Various procedures done include
- Primary PCI
- Coronary Angiography: Patient can be discharged in 4-6 hours
- Coronary Stenting
- Pacemaker insertion
- Intra-Aortic Balloon Pump (IABP)
- Valve Interventions
- Pericardial Centres
Well-equipped Non- Invasive cardiac lab (Heart Station):
Procedures done include
- 2D Echocardiography
- Colour Doppler
- Exercise Stress Echocardiography
- Dobutamine Stress Echocardiography
- Stress Thallium
- 24 hours Holter monitoring
Heart Command Center (Coronary Care Unit):
Equipped with World class cardiac monitors with Non – Invasive and Invasive monitoring parameters
Cardio-thoracic & Vascular Surgery
The Department of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery has world-class infrastructure. A dedicated cardiac surgery team performs several surgeries and procedures with results comparable to the best in the world. The department performed major cardiac and thoracic operations. Most of the CABGs are done off-pump thereby reducing post-operative neurological, renal and respiratory complications for the patients.
- 3 well equipped cardiac theatres and one theatre exclusively for thoracic surgery and endoscopy
- Hermetically sealed automatic doors
- LED lights and pendant-mounted anesthesia machines
- 8-bedded post-operative intensive care area with ultra-modern facilities. 8-bedded high-dependency area with facilities similar to ICU. Both have facilities for computerized patient care and PACS
- Central monitoring with automatic incident report recording improves the quality of patient care.
- Cardiothoracic surgical recovery is at the same level and adjacent to the OT / CTU complex. Patients in the ward are also linked to the central monitor which is constantly monitored by specialists in the cardiac ICU. This is a unique feature not seen in other hospitals.
- Ultra-Modern post-operative ICU area is highly reliable and safe for the patients.
- State-of-the-art Heart - Lung Machine.