Overview:The Department of Pulmonary Medicine at the Patel Hospital offers comprehensive respiratory services to accurately diagnose and effectively treat a wide range of diseases of the airways, lungs, and pleura.
The department has dedicated and reputed consultants with an immense degree of experience and expertise in handling complex respiratory problems.
Equipments incorporating cutting edge respiratory problems and competent supporting paramedical staff are the highest of the department which works in close association with related specialties like critical care, radiodiagnosis and thoracic surgery to deliver comprehensive respiratory care.
Emergency services are provided on a 24x7 basis whereas OPD functions from 9 AM to 5 PM. Compassionate care blended with uncompromising safety is given utmost priority and the provision of the state-of-the-art on par with the global benchmark is the motto.
FACILITIES AVAILABLE :
RESPIRATORY CRITICAL CARE - Emergency & Intensive care services for the treatment of the critically ill.
- Sleep disorders evaluation and treatment.
Interventional Pulmonology :
- Diagnostic Flexible Video Bronchoscopy, Bronchoalveolar Lavage (BAL), Endobronchial Biopsy, Fluoroscopy guided Transbronchial Biopsy (TBLB), Transbronchial FNAC (cTBNA),
- Therapeutic Flexible Video Bronchoscopy & Rigid Bronchoscopy, Foreign Body Removal, Airway Stenting, Management of Malignant & Non-malignant Central airway obstructing lesion, Endobronchial Glue Therapy for Hemoptysis & Bronchopleural Fistula
- EBUS / Endobronchial Ultrasonography TBNA
- CT and USG guided FNAC, Trucut Biopsy
- Ultrasound-guided Pleural Aspiration, Intercostal Drainage
- Medical Thoracoscopy
Pulmonary Function Laboratory :
- Spirometry (with Bronchodilator Reversibility)
- CT scanning including LDCT (Low Dose screening CT for early lung cancer screening), HRCT, MDCT, Virtual Bronchoscopy.