Pediatric urology is a deals with the disorders of children's genitourinary systems. Urologists provide care for both boys and girls ranging from birth to early adult age. The most common problems are those involving disorders of urination, reproductive organs and testes.
Some of the problems they deal with are:
- Bladder control problems such as bedwetting and daytime urinary incontinence
- Ureteropelvic Junction Obstruction (UPJO)
- Undescended testes(cryptorchidism)
- Urolithiasis (bladder and kidney stones)
- Neurogenic bladder (e.g., associated with spina biﬁda)