- Attending and Chair, Department of Head & Neck Surgery, Patel Hospital, Jalandhar, India.
- Head and Neck Multidisciplinary Team Leader, Cancer Center at Patel Hospital, Jalandhar, India.
- Program Director, Fellowship in Head and Neck Surgery.
- Member, Board of Directors, Patel Hospital, Jalandhar, India.
- Member, Executive Committee, Foundation for Head and Neck Oncology (FHNO).
- Member, National Fellowship Task Force, FHNO and the Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons of India (AOMSI)
- Chairman, Oncology Committee of Punjab.
- State Secretary, Mission Pink Health Punjab.
- Convener, Multidisciplinary Cancer Symposium.
Brief outline of previous and current positions (in chronological order):
- Graduate medical education: Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), 2000, at Maulana Azad Medical College (MAMC- Consistently ranked among the Top 5 medical schools in India), University of Delhi (The number one ranked University in India), awarded the University silver medal in Ophthalmology.
- Internship completed 2001 at MAMC and associated hospitals, comprising a multi-institutional center with over 3000 inpatient beds.
- Residency training: Master of Surgery (MS) in Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, MAMC and associated hospitals, ranked First in the University of Delhi, 2006.
- Clinical observership, Head and Neck Surgical Oncology, Tata Memorial Hospital (The number one ranked cancer center in India), 2006
- ECFMG certification, March 2006.
- Fellowship training: AHNS fellow and Visiting Assistant Professor, Head, Neck and Skull Base Surgery, University of California- Davis Medical Center (NCI-designated cancer center), 2006-8.
- Fellowship training: AHNS fellow, Head and Neck, Microvascular Reconstructive and Robotic Surgery, Wayne State University/ Karmanos Cancer Institute, Michigan (NCI-designated cancer center), 2008-10.
- Attending, Divisions of Head and Neck Oncology and Reconstruction, Department of Head and Neck Surgery, Patel Hospital, 2010-13.
- Current Convener, Multidisciplinary Cancer Symposium, an organization which has conducted over twenty physician and patient-focused initiatives in the past seven years, notably six large format head and neck focused forums, 2011-18.
- Current Chair, Department of Head and Neck Surgery (12 surgical divisions encompassing the spectrum of pathologies pertinent to otolaryngology-head and neck surgery), performing over 1800 surgical procedures annually and employing over 25 full time medical professionals including attendings, fellows, senior residents, research associates, nurse coordinators and practice managers, 2013-present.
- Current Head and Neck Multidisciplinary Team Leader, Cancer Center at Patel Hospital, comprising over 30 members including 20 attendings, managing over 1000 new/recurrent cancer patients annually, 2013-present.
- Current Program Director, Fellowship Program in Head and Neck Surgery affiliated with AOMSI and FHNO, 2014-present.
- Head, Clinical Operations, Patel Hospital- Divisions of Outreach, Biomedical, Capital Purchase and OR/CSSD, 2014-16.
- Current Executive Committee and Fellowship Task Force Member of FHNO, the foremost organization in India engaged in the early detection/research and training/propagation of best management practices in head and neck cancers, 2015-present.
- Current Chairman, Oncology Committee of the Punjab State Chapter of the Indian Medical Association, engaged in the conduct of physician and patient-focused initiatives and development of a State Cancer Registry, 2016-present.
- Current member, Board of Directors, Patel Hospital, a leading multispecialty healthcare organization with accrediations by NABL and ISO, 2016-present.
- Current State Secretary, Mission Pink Health Punjab, focused on the statewide promotion of prevention and early detection of cancer, 2019-present.
Notables (Descriptions in detailed resume):
- Over 10 medical school and subsequent honors, and multiple non-academic accomplishments.
- Member (incl Honorary memberships) of 14 professional organizations.
- Member of Editorial or Review Boards of six indexed journals focused on head and neck cancer.
- Investigator in four prospective clinical trials (three as Principal).
- Over 45 published abstracts, including 12 complete manuscripts, the majority indexed by the US National Library of Medicine.
- Over 225 completed faculty allocations including lectures (Four keynote addresses), instructional surgical demonstrations and their moderation, and panelist/panel moderator assignments.
- Over 50 presentations of original work as part of teams at respective institution/s.
- Attendance at over 170 regional, national and international meetings. Representation at greater than eighty percent of these meetings incorporated at least one allocated faculty responsibility.
- Over twenty short term surgical training programs successfully completed nationally/internationally.
- Over twenty five patient-focused initiatives including partially or completely subsidizing head and neck cancer treatments for over 500 economically underprivileged patients.
Areas of special interest
Oral cancer, Postlaryngectomy rehabilitation, Microvascular reconstruction, Transoral robotic surgery, Remote access thyroid surgery, Transoral laser microsurgery and Outcomes research.