The department of Cardiology at Patel Hospital was established in 2013. For the last five years, the Department of Cardiology is providing 24X7 emergency care to cardiac patients. We have experienced cardiologist dealing with various Cardiac Diseases and Emergencies, including Myocardial Infarction, Acute Pulmonary thromboembolim, Cardiac arrhythmias, including various heart blocks, heart failure and cardiac tamponade.
- State -of-the -art cardiac cath lab (SIEMENS) :
Various procedures done include
– Primary PCI
- Intra Aortic balloon pump (IABP)
– Valve Interventions
- Pericardio Centres
– Coronary Angiography : Patient can be discharge in 4-6 hours
– Coronary Stenting
– Pacemaker insertion
- Well equipped Non- Invasive cardiac lab (Heart Station) :
Procedures done include
– 2D Echocardiography
– Colour Doppler
– Exercise Stress Echocardiography
– Dobutamine Stress Echocardiography
– Stress Thallium
- 24 hours Holter monitoring
- Heart Command Center (Coronary Care Unit) :
- Equipped with World class cardiac monitors with Non – Invasive and Invasive monitoring parameters
Department of Cardio-thoracic & Vascular Surgery
Patel Hospital is the leading Advanced Heart centre in the Punjab which was established in 2013. There are functional and well-equipped cardiac operating threatres and state-of-the-art Cardiac Cath Lab. Cardiac Department in Patel Hospital is famous in Punjab and all over India for the success rate of the complex Cardiac Surgeries, Angioplasties that are done here. There is a Team ofCardiologists and Cardiac Surgeons. Complx Angioplasties using varieties of stents and devices are also done in large numbers.
The Advanced Heart centre also has facilities like Intravascular Ultrasounds, FFR, OCT(Optical Coherence Tomography), Rotablaters, Electrophysiology, Intra-aortic balloon pump etc. Advanced Heart Center is doing a lot of work in ASD/VSD/PDA colosures non-invasively, where holes in the heart are repaired without open-heart surgery.
The Department of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery, managed by Dr. Bhawna Singh (Consultant Cardio Vascular Surgery) has world Class infrastructure. A dedicated cardiac surgery team performs several surgeries and procedures with results comparable to the best in the world. The department performed major cardiac and thoracic operations.Most of the CABG's are done off pump thereby reducing post operative neurological, renal and respiratory complications for the patients.
- 3 well equipped cardiac theatres and one theatre exclusively for thoracic surgery and endoscopy
- Hermetically sealed automatic doors
- LED lights and pendant mounted anesthesia machines
- 8 bedded post operative intensive care area with ultra modern facilities. 8 bedded high dependency area with facilities similar to ICU. Both have facilities for computerised patient care and PACS
- Central monitoring with automatic incident report recording improves the quality of patient care.
- Cardiothoracic surgical recovery is at the same level and adjacent to the OT / CTU complex. Patients in the ward are also linked to the central monitor which is constantly monitored by specialists in cardiac ICU.This is a unique feature not seen in other hospitals.
- Ultra Modern Post operative ICU area highly sreliable and safe for the patients.
- State of the art heart - Lung Machine.